http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: 200th Post

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, November 01, 2007

200th Post

Where do I begin? First, I am still here. I've made it through 200 posts and I think that is pretty damn special. I might be slowing down but guess what? I am 7.5 years old, I have cancer, and I am giant breed dog. Of course I am slowing down. Second, this is about the time of year where I finished my chemotherapy. Pretty amazing, isn't it? A whole year since I went to that hospital a hundred miles away to be injected with poisons. Regardless I barely had any side effects and it kicked cancers ass for the time being. ROAR! So I say, let's celebrate my recovery and lasting power! Let's celebrate dogs all over the world and how awesome we truly are! Let's celebrate the dogs we have lost, the ones we've met and sniffed, and the ones joining us in the future! Because right now I am all about celebrating. I've got the Guinness. Who is with me?

11 Comments:

Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Guinness? I'm in! I'm so glad you kicked cancer's ass - big time! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Finny
I'm absolutely inn!!! huwwah fow Finny!!!!! that is tewwific..I'm dancing fow happiness..stay stwong and enjoy evewy minute of ouw pwecious time hewe!!!
I love you and am so vewy glad you'we my fwiend and doing well!
smoochie kisses
Astpee ess. I had some guiness at my wun yestewday at the pawty,hehe

4:25 PM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

We say "Cheers!" The adult beverage around here is Guinness but we only drink water. On Nov 4th it will be 2 years since Simon had his surgery so we'll be raising a pint to that too!!

The Fleas

4:55 PM  
Blogger wally said...

I'm totally up for some Guinness (it is good for you, you know!) Congratulations on your 200th post and, of course, for kickin' some cancer butt!

Slainte!
wally.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeeeaaaaaay!!!!!!
Go Finny Go!
I'm going on ONE YEAR this month too. We are So happy about that!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Biggie-Z said...

YAY FINNY!! Happy day and drink lots of Guinness! You are a very special and strong dog.

Lots of licks and toothy smiles,
Biggie

P.S. I love my kitchen floor too because it is very cool and when I am in the kitchen with mommy good treats come from above. So the kitchen is a very very good place to be.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arf Finnegan! Keep lickin' that nasty C thing!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Finnigan! You are such a great dog! You are so beautiful, so strong and so special! My mom and me are very impressed an from now on you've go two more fans!

My Daddy was a half Irish Wolfshound and we love the gentle giants.

I would like to link your blog, if that's okay with you?

Hugs and Kisses, your admirer Alex

7:50 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

FinnMan!

I am IN! Guinness & some fine dog buds... sounds like a celebration to me!

You are one tough old buzzard, man! I love your attitude, and I love YOU, guy!

Extra special goober hugs & smooches to your mama for hauling your ass to go kick cancer's ass!

Goober love,
Stanley

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Rock on Finn!!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Finny, I just love you.

That is all.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home