http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Hot Weather + Stinky Dog = BATH!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Monday, October 08, 2007

Hot Weather + Stinky Dog = BATH!

I'm sure you know that I am not one to complain. Generally, I am an easy going dog. I lounge, I eat, I drink, and I give out love. But there is one thing that gets me every time: baths. What is wrong with a little natural dog odor? A few dreadlocks never harmed anyone, right?

Mama did not have the same opinion as I. Here in the east, it is ridiculously hot for this time of year. Eighties hot. So what was Mama's logical leap from warm sunny weather? Give Finnegan a bath! Oh what a great idea! Soak the Irish Wolfhound! Hahahahahaha. Ha. Ha... heh.

Now I am totally on to Mama's tricks of the trade. First, she shakes the leash so I think "COOL! WE ARE GOING SOMEPLACE WICKED AWESOME AND IT WILL BE NEAT! AND AWESOME!"

And then, she brings me out back and hooks my leash on me. In the meantime, she has put my shampoos and conditioners over by the hose. Again I think: "OH WOW! WE ARE GOING SOMEPLACE SUPER COOL! COULD IT BE A DOG PARK? PERHAPS DOGGY DAY CARE?"

Finally, the last straw, she leads me toward...the other. side. of. the. house. Yes, THAT side. The side with the DREADED HOSE. She almost gets me to the spot where she hooks up my leash and I PUT ON THE BRAKES. Mama tries to tug and pull and prod and bribe. My mistake, I believed her when she mentioned the word "treat". I let my guard down and followed her over. DAMN! She tricked me. Humans suck.

So she soaked, and bathed, and conditioned, and rinsedandrinsedandrinsed. And then she rinsed some more. As I've said before, my favorite part is shakyshakyshaky and the towel off. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I'm clean and shiny and new. I satisfied Mama's need to make me pretty. And guess, what, it won't be 80 for a long time so NO BATH FOR ME! Ha!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Sucka!

I haven't had a bath in a long time. I stink so bad. All I gotta do to avoid one is look real poopy and tired, and Mom and Dad go "oh, maybe tomorrow, he looks beat."

Well tomorrow comes and goes and still no bath!

Try that one next time. Hope you get your stink back soon.

Yo-
Jerry

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh man Finny. You're mama is super tricky. I get baths sometimes too, but always in the bathtub. I'm not quite as big as you are. I bet when you decide to shake, you can soak down the whole neighbourhood!

xo
SB

7:52 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I also got a bath this weekend, in the bathtub. I got my revenge by jumping in the bed afterwards!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Oh dawg, Finnegan. our Servant just this minute got finished grinding all of our NAILS! The NERVE! Except Delia - she's really good at hiding as soon as she gets a whiff of the ghoulish grinder.
Cool blog! Feel free to meet us at ours. We're sorta related.
The Warburton Waggle

6:12 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finny Boy!

Sounds like your mama & my girl have been pulling tricks out of the same bag. She does the same thing to me. Now I try to go under the deck & slime away all of her hard work. Try it sometime. Lull her into thinking it's all over, you're nice & clean, then bolt for the nearest dirt patch & have a good roachin' session! THAT will show her!

Goober love & feelin' your pain,
Stanley

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home