http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: I Go to Work...I Go to Work Yo

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Go to Work...I Go to Work Yo

Mama thinks I need to work. More specifically, she thinks I need to accompany her to work. Something about bonding and companionship and YAWN whatever. So it is Saturday, my day off, and she dragged my sorry ass off to work. Fine, no problem. But guess what! I refuse to do ANY RESEARCH or write a complaint. That is not in my portfolio of skillz that pay the billz (yes, Irish Wolfhounds can be ghetto too). I am more of an artiste. A thinker. Or is that a napper? I get the two seriously mixed up.

So here I am in Mama's office doing what I do best. Well, yes, napping and looking handsome but that's not all. Farting. Nice stinky ones. She'll think twice about bringing me here again.

By the way, her office has way too many stairs and damn, I was panting. Granted, I was going down the stairs but yikes! that was scary. Mama's guilt did set in nicely and I got about ten dog treats I chomped down and some of her human food as well. Sucker.

12 Comments:

Blogger Asta said...

FInny
Wowk is hawd..I have to help Mommi paint all the time, and then I get blamed if I get paint on me and evewything..jeez..not faiw!
Awe you coming to my pawty? You can nap as much as you want thewe
smoochie kisses
Asta

11:54 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Ah yes - the farting wolfie in the office trick.

Nice one Finn!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. that's cool that you get to follow your mom to work. But too bad it sounds boring.. Great on the treats!

~ Girl girl

2:51 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finny!

Have you not weaned your mom yet? She sounds like she may have a little problem with separation anxiety. Nothing cures that like a few well-tooted farts in a small enclosed space.

Be good to her. She'll have a learning curve. Eventually she'll be able to spend some time every day without you. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but they DO eventually grow up.

Goober love,
Stanley

2:51 AM  
Blogger Biggie-Z said...

Hello finnie this is biggie. you are a very lucky puppy because your mommy takes you to work with her. my mommy is a lawyer too and she sez she would take me but she cant so i have to sit in my pen or my crate all day and wait for her to come home. your mommy also said a little secret about kuvasz (thats me) to boomers mom but it sounds like your mommy luvs you a lot. i think you are a cool puppy and maybe someday ill way like you but you will still be taller though.

p.s. will you chase me sometime?

2:29 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Silly Finnegan, you know that work and farting don't mix.

Well, maybe on Saturday.

My T.mom is finishing up her dissertation, she has basically deserted me until its done.

I hope she doesn't include me in her defense slides, I'm not sure how I'll look next to a 3D plot.

Smooches from your best basset,

ernesto

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I do the office thing once in a while too. I don't mind so much. It's boring, but it beats staying home alone. I just wish she'd take me out to dinner sometime. Like tonight for instance!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Biggie-Z said...

hi finny this is biggy again. my daddy isntt a lawyer either but he really cant take me to work but maybe my mommy says someday someday if i calm down a lot a lot a lot maybe i can try to be a therapy dog and then maybe i can go to work with daddy. well maybe not with daddy but maybe i can go to where daddy works and see him. i was a naughty boy yesterday but mommy says she has a special surprise for me today. i hope it is not like the surprise yesterday when she made me take a bath and put yucky stuff i my ears. but she chased me around the apartment and that was fun until i made p p on my flokati rug. oops.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Way to make her pay!

4:35 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Excellent plan! You're one smart dog.

This is a sad request but one of my friends has cancer which is, unfortunately, inoperable. But i was wondering if you have any suggestions for pain management and/or websites with good information?

My e-mail is wallythecorgador at comcast.net

wally.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Oh stinky farts at work are fun - I did that to mom once and totally embarrassed her!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home