http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Foodie Grocery List

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Foodie Grocery List

Casper tagged me for five must-haves for Mama and me, so Mama gets to go first:

  1. Milk - she drinks it like crazy. I think she is part cow (Mama gave me a dirty look).
  2. Beer - she drinks it like crazy. What a lush! I'm surprised she can type! (Mama gave me another dirty look and threatened to take my treats away if I keep it up.)
  3. Cheese - smoked gouda and extra sharp cheddar are her favorites.
  4. Fruit - especially plums, strawberries or melon.
  5. Tofu - she's a vegetarian (what the?) and she says it takes on the flavor of anything. I think it looks like !*&^%%
Finnegan's choices:
  1. Canidae Lamb & Rice - it's a staple in our household. Okay only for me but it's necessary especially when Mama is neglectful and makes me eat cat food.
  2. Peanut butter treats - oh yeah. Ever see three foot long drool?
  3. Pigs ears - on rare occasions, Mama lets me have one and DAMN! they are good.
  4. Marrow filled bones - Mama is gagging but what could not be better. As the weird guy at the rib festival say: "BONE SUCKING GOOD!" (And no, I don't know why my vegetarian parents go to a rib festival every year).
  5. Fruits and vegetables - Mama lets me eat things like melons, cucumbers, snap peas and other tasty things sometimes. And they are the best.
Now I will tag: Texas, Pappy, and Asta.

Is it time to eat now?

3 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Finn!

Looks like some good choices to me. I've never had a marrow filled bone ~ thanks for the tip.

What? Vegetarian lush cows at a rib festival? Were they there in drunken protest?

Goob love,
Stanley

Pee Ess
Met a 3-legged giant Schnauzer yesterday at the dog park. He had just had his left front leg amputated 6 weeks ago ~ was going strong! Thought of you & how much fun we'd have if we could play!!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Mission accomplished, boss. Thanks for sharing.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

My moms are veggies, too! We do not get pig ears. :(

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home