http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Mama Is her Very Own Animal Cops Show

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mama Is her Very Own Animal Cops Show

Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when she comes for you? (Theme song from the T.V. show, Cops)

For the second time, Mama saw a doggy running up a very busy road with his harness on him but no leash or human attached! Gasp! The last time she saw him, she tried to catch this doggy but she and another woman had no luck. So this time, Mama knew she had to do something. Mama used to be a veterinary technician and her dream is to one day do animal law exclusively. So, she followed the doggy and got out of her car at a safe spot. She tried to entice the dog and gain his trust but no luck. He let her get just so close and then ZOOM! He took off.

Mama continued to chase the doggy up the street. As she followed him, she made a call to my veterinarian to ask who she should call to help her While talking to the vet technician, poor doggy almost got hit by a car and then a bus. EEK! People, please! Doggies must be kept in a safe fenced area. Jeezum crow!

Mommy continued her pursuit through the intersection and tried to call the police but failing in her ability to multi-task, kept dialing the wrong number. GENIUS! (And no, she wasn't dialing 911). Well, actually she did dial 911 but hung up before she thought it had connected. Actually, it had connected and someone called her back. She assured the officer she was fine but asked if she could have the non-emergency number. Mama is so embarrassing!!!

Numerous times, she kept trying to entice the doggy with the promise of treats but he wasn't buying her act. She continued driving up the street through another busy intersection with her hazard lights on all the while trying to think up a plan. At one point, she contemplated using her cell phone charger as a leash to grab the pooch.

Finally, he turned up a driveway and headed to the back yard. She parked her car and followed him to a deck where he sat waiting for someone (the delinquent who is supposed to care for this dog) to open the door. Sure enough, no one was home. Mama found his water dish and long lead attached to a tree. She grabbed the hose and filled up his mucky water dish. At this point, he was either sick of Mama or finally trusted her because he allowed her to attach him to the lead so he would be secure for the time.

Mama returned to the car but before leaving she left a note for the man letting him know what had happened, including that the doggy was almost hit by a car. Also, she wrote down his house address so she could call animal control.

Now you might be thinking, maybe it was a one time mistake. Dogs can accidentally get loose. In fact, I did one time and went on a joy run through my neighborhood. Fortunately, a llama sized dog is easy to spot and a teary mama found me and brought me home. HOWEVER! This is not a one time deal, folks. Mama saw this dog loose just last week running along the same street. And, Mama has seen him running behind his human companion while he rides his bike along the same busy streets. With no leash or anything! Not safe! At all!

Fortunately for now, the dog is safe. Mama is going to call animal control so that they can give this man a warning and hopefully, he will learn a lesson. From now own, Mama is going to put dog treats and a leash in the car so she can safely rescue other doggies in need.

11 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Finnegan!

Hey, buddy! How are you doing in all this heat? I hope you're staying cool.

My girl always has an extra leash or two in the car for just this purpose. The treats are a good idea too.

Seeing other doggies running free is a bittersweet sight. I'd like to run free wherever I want to go, but man, it's so dangerous in the city (and I don't want my girl to get lost if I leave her behind during my run). Your mama did GOOD, Finny!

Goober love,
Stanley

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

"latch key dogs" very sad...

(though I must confess the "llama sized dog " thing made me laugh.

As far as we know KuBrin has never got out and no llamas have been reported in our village.)

Snogs from the dogs (and especially Megan

Kerrio & co

1:11 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor dog! Your mom is a hero!

One of our volunteers picked up a cow the other day! And put it in the back of her Camaro!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Finny
Thank dog for your Mama and other Hoomans like her ...people who don't take cawe of their doggies shouldn't be allowed to keep them..a little dog in our neighborhood wan away(the hoomans didn't have a leash on him...I ask you ,in NYCity????idjuts)now they have a $1000.00wewaqrd...but no sign of the doggie(we are one block fwom the west side hwy..idjuts!)
Finny you make my heawt go thumpity thump
smoochie kisses
Asta

7:52 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Hahahah on the Llama sized dog! I mean so what if I have to get on my toes to lick your face!

Finney, my special boy, if you get a chance, stop by and say hi to me at my blog tomorrow during blogathon. I'm gonna need the help because I already know the woman will make me do all the work.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hi Finny! Is that your malt ad on Nook's contest? Very cool! Well done!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Texas's Mum said...

Hey Finn,
Sounds like your mum and my mum and dad are alot a like my mum and dad try to rescue doggies when they see them roaming the streets.
Poor dog and your mum is a hero my mum thinks the hooman/s who own the dog are
stoopid.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

11:00 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Thanks Finny
did you see about Oscar??
I'm still cwying
hope you're well
smoochie kisses
Asta

10:44 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh jeez! That poor dog. There's a family in our neighborhood that does that too. They say he breaks his rope outside and jumps the fence. Um, don't tie your dog outside dumb**$%*()&_P&#. Good on your ma for helping that dog.

Yeesh, and they think we're the ones who need obedience class.

wally.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

ur mum is a great samaritan...

she's doing a good job, keep it up..

1:54 AM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

WTG to your momma!!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home