http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Another FREAKIN' Public Service Announcement

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another FREAKIN' Public Service Announcement

I know, I know. You humans just LOVE those purdy fireworks all shiny and loud. For some reason, celebrating the independence of this darling country must involve loud explosions. Fine. I am sort of kinda okay with the big fireworks that you must display all at once at the lake. At least you get it over with.

HOWEVER! Please STOP S-T-O-P with the DAMN fireworks by my house. And yes, I know they are by my house because my mommy found evidence of one such device in our front yard. There is no need to blow sh*t up in a neighborhood where the houses are all near each other and there are big FLAMMABLE YOU KNOW CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN trees all around. AND I do not care if your explosion creates an image of George Washington doing a jig to Yankee Doodle Dandy. PLEASE! No more fireworks. You will make a blind three-legged Irish Wolfhound extremely happy. And that's all the counts, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Damn straight! Fireworks don't bug Sophie, but speeding cars that can kill her do, and we live in a city where the cops hassle the dogs and don't even notice the cars going 60 in the playground zone right next to them. So in other words, I totally get your frustration with idiocies of life sometimes.

p.s. Drag about the dog parks.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Oh No! Finn!

We forgot about your fireworks problem (sorry) or we would have sent you virtual hugs and smooches earlier. Expecially from Megan of course.

At least you don't get Guy Fawkes.
Snogs from us all

Kerrio & co

1:45 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear, I hope the people staying near you didn't put up those scary fireworks

~ girl girl

3:31 AM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Right on, Finny! We couldn't agree with you more!!! They are loud, jarring, scary for many and just down right annoying!!!
You tell 'em!!

Smoooooches!!
--Winnie :-)

3:20 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh man. I hate the g.d. fireworks myself. GRRRR.

wally.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home