http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Double Anniversary

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Double Anniversary


It has been a whole year since I started this blog (with the help of my mommy) and from when I was first diagnosed with cancer. I have experienced more than I could imagine. From having my leg amputated to learning how to walk with three legs, it has been an ordeal for my family and me. I looked weak and sick from chemotherapy but surprised everyone in the beginning of 2007 by being stronger and looking, if I can say it, okay I can, abso-fucking-lutley gorgeous. My hair grew back, my eyes lit up, and I could take walks with my mommy. Of course, it has not been easy. My ability to climb up and down stairs is not great, although it never has been. Imagine a llama climbing up and down your staircase. But I am still here a year later, hanging in there. One day at a time.


I'm so glad I have met so many great dogs (and humans). It's been a fun year reading about all your adventures and insights. It's also been sad losing two good friends, Fufu and Breeze. Although we were very sad about their passing, it has also shown me how close everyone can become just over the Internet.


I hope to have another year with you all and look forward to meeting more wonderful doggies, kitties, and hamsters.

18 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Happy Bloggiverssary Finnegan!

You are my hero.

smooches and a play bow to you,

Ernest the puppy

11:56 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Happy Anniversary Finn

Lots of love from

Meggie-moo & the SUMDs
PS I think you are a super cool blogging dog!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finnegan feller,
Shout it from the rooftops...

You ARE abso-fucking-lutley gorgeous !!!

Scruffles from the DogFather !

2:36 PM  
Blogger BOSSY said...

Happy! Anniversary!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Congratulations Finnegan! You definitely have the "fighting Irish" in you.

7:44 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FINNEGAN! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy you are doing well and feeling happy!

Smooooches!!! :-)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Happy Anniversary Finnegan. I'm glad I got to know you from your blog. You have such a nice good home now and are doing so well. :)


~ girl girl

12:54 AM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

Here's to many, many more anniversaries. Cheers!

The FleasGang

3:21 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Finny,
I'm glad you wealize how abso-fucking-lutely gorgeous you are!! I've always thought so.Happy Blogivewsawy! I hope the bad times are behind you and that you can enjoy a loooong and vewy happy life
big smoochie kisses
Asta( I bet you were a supergorgeous puppy too)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

You look fabulous Finn! I'm thinking seriously about adding you to my list of extra special boyfriends.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Finny, Happy anniversary to you. Here's to many more! J x

11:08 AM  
Blogger . said...

Aww Finn! You are so sweet and sappy! But then again there is nothing in the world like a smiling dog.

All our love on your anniversary and successes,

Ky and Ko.

2:01 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

We're late, but Happy Anniversary! We think you're a great role-dog for others going through a tough time. :)

The Brat Pack

9:22 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Happy Anniversary, sweet Finney! We all love your sweet face and admire your courage. My mom thinks you are the cutest dang thing. I used to be jealous of that but now I realize it's just plain the truth!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Persephone and Buster said...

Finney--Happy Anniversary! In Dawg Years, you should have many, many more! Hey, ya know what? You're one handsome canine! Stay healthy and take lots of walks--

Cheers,

Persephone & Buster
Kerry Blue Terrors and Sheep-Herding Professionals

12:56 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finn!

Happy anniversary, Man! I'm secure in my doghood so I can say, even shout, it from the mountaintops, that you are looking FAB-U-LOSO!

Here's to many many more anniversaries, my brother!

BTW, when is your mom going to finish the story of Finnegan? When she put part 1 on, I assumed that meant there was at least a part 2. Come on, girl! INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Goob love to you, man!
Stanley

2:03 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Hi Finny,
I agwee with Stanley, we want to hear more about you and your life..You're such a coolguy, and sooo handsome, the more I see of you the better..thanks for the comments on my Daddy, we had a gweat day. Hope your weekend was good too..Stay Healthy!smoochie kisses
Asta

5:21 PM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Congratulations FinnyFinnFinn! For everything - the blog and making a new life out of your old one!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home