http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Ignored

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ignored

Typically, I enjoy being the center of attention. That is not too hard for me since I AM SO BIG. As you know, I draw a lot of attention and comments. You know the ones where I am compared to a horse. I think the best comment was from a neighbor who ,when he first saw me in my backyard, thought I was a llama. I can see it. Sort of.

Nothing exciting is happening here and you want to know why? Because, I am being ignored. Me! The wonderful glorious king of the Irish Wolfhounds. IGNORED! And why am I being ignored? My so called "parents" are doing big home improvement projects so as Mom says, the house will look less ghetto. Yeah Mom, we are soooo in the hood (sense the hint of sarcasm?). So lately all I hear is cutting, drilling, banging, and occasionally swearing. Mom and Dad have been keeping me away from the project so I do not get in the way or hurt. Really, how could an 150 pound, three and half foot dog get in the way? I could help put up drywall. I could use a drill! Um, or not. I know they are going to be done this weekend putting up the drywall and then it is finishing, sanding, trimming, priming, and painting. God that sounds horribly exhausting. Yawn.

When the improvements are done, I promise to put up pictures of me in each room of the house showing you what they made me put up with during this whole dreadful ordeal. Can I get some sympathy?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kerrio said...

KuBrin would symapthise. He has been trying to help us lay stone slabs and can't understand why we do not want his ENORMOUS paws in the concrete.

Its a wolfie thing. And supervising is SOOOooo tiring. You need a holiday Finn :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh no Finnegan. Maybe you can come visit me. You'll get LOADS of attention here. :)


~ girl girl

4:46 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Hi Finni
What an awful ordeal, you must have a headache from all the noise,and to be kept away to boot, come stay with me and I'll make you feel better
kisses
ASTA

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings,

Hi!!

A Pleasant warming for you at this day! I’d just leave a comment for what you posted
because I found it so informative just like what other had commented. Thank you very much
for sharing this on behalf of every body who already read this. And keep u the good work.


More power,
Cecilia Cortez
No Bark Collar

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home