http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: I am NOT a Science Experiment

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I am NOT a Science Experiment

Despite the fact my dad is a scientist does not mean I want to be part of a science experiment. I am not a test tube doggy! Unless, of course, it involves eating then SIGN MY SKINNY BUTT UP! And yes, the experiment involves food so we are just fine.

Although I loved the tasty goodness of Innova Evo Meat Festorama, it did have some not so pleasant side effects: stinkalicious farts and a rash on my tummy. Ewww. Mommy guesses it might be the chicken since that has been an evil fart inducing culprit in the past. She's not sure.

Despite much urging from Nanook's mommy, we have not yet found the Timberwolf food yet. Actually Mom is to lazy to go the the place that carries the brand because the place that sells it is open from 8:30 a.m. to 8:37 a.m. Okay not really but it's a huge pain in Mommy's arse to go there on a regular basis so I. Must. Suffer.

Instead of going to the place that is open for seven minutes a day with the REALLY LOUD LADY, Mommy went to another place where there is an Irish Wolfhound who owns a couple of humans. Alright, Mommy said the humans own the store and the Irish Wolfound supervises them. Okay fine, the humans run the store and the Irish Wolfhound lounges for long periods of time probably in the middle of the store where people are forced FORCED to pet him. Smart boy. Unfortunately, when Mommy asked about him, the clerk said he was in the hospital because *GASP* his bladder exploded. What the? He is going to be okay but I am going to keep a very close eye on my bladder.

Mommy bought me Wellness Lamb and Rice Super-fly 5 Mix. Because I have been good to lamb and lamb has been good to my belly, she decided we should stick with those ingredients. And guess what? The rash is going away! My farts are less frequent! I think they should advertise the food with those slogans:

Less farts!
Fewer oozing sores!


Okay, that's a little gross and totally not completely half the truth. Still, I eat it, I like it, and it's good for my system. And I promise my dear friend Nanook, I will try the Timberwolf.

9 Comments:

Blogger Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Finnegan!

You have a great blog......enjoyed your writings!

We hope your new food agress with you and that your rashy rash itch and scrath oooooze gets better real soon!

Take care,
Maddie the Chocolate Lab and Frankie Girl the White Sibe

2:31 PM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

Yeah, what is it with some pet food stores that are open weird hours? We often have that problem too!

We're glad your farts are much less frequent and smelly now :-) (ha! that was fun to type)

The FleasGang

4:02 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I am eating Pet Promise. No sores, no farts (well not excessive), and no exploding bladder (wow). I tried the Innova once, and it was YUM - MEEE!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Finny, dont worry. You'll find a diet that is good for your system eventually


~ fufu

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were at the same store a week or two ago and were given the same report on the Irish Wolfhound. Eeek! I hope he's back at the store supervising very soon because, although the employees (and owners) are very nice and knowledgeable, the Irish Wolfhound is the main reason I go there! If not for the opportunity to pet the pooch, I would just send Al. ;)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

That's okay Finny - you do not HAVE to eat the food that I eat although I am sure you want to be as much like me as possible because I am so very awesome.

*and humble*

but if your mama is still food hunting, Timberwolf ships for free to anywhere in the continental US so she can order your trial and have it delivered to her door free. Yay!

I ask you if you have tried it yet only because I want to see what you think of it! We're still in the testing stage of it ourselves and are always interested in a second opinion.

My mama is also looking at Orijen. Have you heard of it?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Finnie farts!!! You poor fella, and your poor family.


p.s. just saw that kittie/doggie video. Adorable!

6:10 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Being a Perfect Lady, I hardly ever toot. But I do belch a lot. I never tried wellness because mom is not a fan of it due to problems with my cats when they got their jaws on some. But I sure am glad you are doing well in it! It's great to find a food that works for ya' isn't it??? I bet you smell better too, you handsome dood.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Oh dear, I'm not sure that I want to be in the same room as a farting wolfhound.

Finnegan, I hope your food works for you.

Ernest the picky

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home