http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: The Great Outdoors

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Great Outdoors

I can feel it in my bones. Minus the bones that were so viciously and maliciously removed last July. WHO NEEDS THOSE BONES! Four legs are for the weak! Sorry, just trying to convince myself.

The weather is starting to turn. Enough with the cold wind, rain, and snow. Enough with the frozen ground and puddles of mud. Enough with the grey skies and hidden sun. I can feel it in my bones that the weather is getting warmer and sunnier and drier.

Enough with spending ten minutes outside in the rain and snow. I have had enough.

I'm ready for walks down the street, romps with the my dog friends, and perhaps a trip to the lake. I'm awaiting sunny days where all I do is relax in the middle of my yard and soak in the sun while mommy and daddy work in the garden, mow the grass, and sit with a glass of lemonade, soaking in the sun.

Don't get me wrong. At one time, I enjoyed playing in the puddles and romping in the snow. Things have changed. A foot of snow is not as inviting as it once was. It is now a challenge, an obstacle.

So now, I am ready for the sun's warmth, a weekend day, and a romp in the park with my friends. Who would like to join me?

6 Comments:

Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Ooo Ooo! Me! except for the soaking in the sun part, which for me is more like "newfy broiling in own skin and fur"

Wait. Where do you live again?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Finnegan said...

It's okay, Nanook. I live in northwestern PA and it doesn't get too hot. Plus, we have a great big lake...just for you!

Woofs,
Finny

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

We're with you Finny. We are sick to death of snow. And the romping part is a real bummer, even for us four-legged beasts. There's muck and mud and left over dog poop everywhere, and lots of broken tree branches. WE just want dry green grass and sunshine. Geez!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Tealeaf said...

I commented yesterday - and my comment has disappeared! Blogger does not love me !!(mind you it was playing up last night - Finn- did you pee on it?)

I'm with you, I'll get my humans to pack my bags and I'll be right over (and I'll bring Meggie Moo too).

Sniffs
Leafo

2:14 AM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Me me me!! Can I join you in the park. Oh the weather sounds great at your side now


~ fufu

4:20 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I'll come visit. I wear a black coat, so sometimes I need to find a coolish place to watch my peeps work in the garden.

Maybe you want to come visit me and we can eat cherries that they are too lazy to pick up.

You are my hero Finnegan!

Ernest the puppy

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home