http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: There was thunder, and lightening, and it was SCARY!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

There was thunder, and lightening, and it was SCARY!

WHAT THE?

*CRASH* *BOOM* *FLASH*

Not that again! It's only April. We are not supposed to have scary scary storms until at least June! Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I can handle this. If I stay really really still, nothing can get me. Nothing can get me. Go to my happy place. I'm prancing with four legs at the dog park. I'm prancing with four legs at the dog park.

CRASH!

[Head suddenly rises]

Sh*t! What the hell? Is the storm inside my house now??!!! I can't FIND MY HAPPY PLACE!!!! WHERE IS MY DAMN HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Slow deliberate panting begins. Eyes bulge]

Mommmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

[I rush to his side and we ride out the very scary scary storm until it goes away. Finnegan receives treats for his "brave" conduct during a storm.]

Sucker.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Finny! You are a big brave macho role model of a dog! Nothing scares the Finster!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

8:05 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Awwwwwwww Finney, I love a dog with a sensitive side!!! C'mere lemmie give you a Perfect Hug!

10:26 PM  
Blogger wally said...

My sister Morgan was afraid of thunderstorms but I was BRAVE. Then she died and now I'm terrified. Or am I pulling a scam, just like you?

wally.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Humans simply do not understand about thunder.

It scares the willies out of me.

I generally crawl up onto the sofa and hide my head in a useful human armpit.

Smelly, but distracts from those horrible crashing noises.

Love
Meggie Moo

4:31 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Finnegan, those loud thurder are very scary. Glad you got treats to calm you. hee


~ fufu

6:06 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Sounds like Dakota. Don't feel bad, Finnegan. Dakota is scared when mom turns off the TV!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home