http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Mommy's on a Mission From Dog!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mommy's on a Mission From Dog!

And Mommy adores the Blue's Brothers so make sure you say the title of this post in the appropriate Chicago accent! Ever since the recall, Mommy is on a mission to find good wholesome foods for the evil kitties and me. They are evil today because they got to sleep with Mommy during the thunderstorm and I didn't! Mommy said something about me not fitting in the bed with her because I like to stretch out, blah blah blah, size of a horse, blah blah blah. Whatever. It's not my fault that I am humongous.

Back to my story, Mommy is on a mission to find foods not made by Menu Foods and not filled with fillers and nasty nasty stuff I do not wish to discuss here. She has a few different foods in mind.

The first is Flint River. The only problem with that food is that she needs to order it and UPS delivers it. She knows dogs who have done really well on it so she might try that.

The second is Canidae/Felidae. Many other bloggy doggies have recommended that food to me. Tomorrow morning Mommy is going to specialty pet food store to check out their selection and see if she can get some samples.

The third is Wellness. Again, it looks pretty tasty and is not filled with crap that will make the kitties and my skin nasty, cause bloat, or do other hideous things to our digestive tract.

I think Mommy might be a little jealous of the fancy ingredients in the different brands of food. For example, several have salmon and sweet potatoes. Although Mommy doesn't eat meat (WHAT! That's just crazy talk!), she has, on occasion, sampled some fish when she feels the need for extra protein.

So this week, the kitties and I will be sampling fabulous delights and I will report back which ones we think are good enough for our delicate palates.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PugPei and I await your review, as this has been a topic of conversation in our house for quite a while now. PugPei will eat anything (I don't even want to discuss the things we've had to pull out of her mouth when we've been outside), but Al and I have been fretting about what to feed her ever since the last pet food recall a couple of years ago.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Yay! I eat Canidae, Timberwolf and Merrick foods. I like them all, but I am especially excited by the merrick wet food. It is delicious! Also, I love the Timberwolf kibble - it is really, really fantastic.

12:09 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Hey Finnegan! My mum is doing the same thing! She found out something awful--Wellness and Innova wet foods are made by Menu Foods! Their dry foods are not. Mum was bummed because I eat Evo and Wellness, mostly dry but some wet for a special meal. My sis eats California Natural (Whitefish and Sweet Potato--YUM!) They're all good foods, though my sis is expensive to feed cuz she eats like a HORSE (as would I if she let me). I'd love to hear what you settle on.

wally.

11:51 AM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

We'll second Wally on California Natural (Chicken and Rice). Just our two cents worth.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home