http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Especially Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Especially Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

Today I have an extra reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Of course, it is exciting because I am the ultimate Irish dog and look handsome with an empty can of Guinness around my neck! BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!


I went to my yearly vet appointment to get examined and have my vaccine. Everything except the nasty weather was perfect! I got into the car by myself! Mommy did not need to shove, prod, poke, or bribe to get me into the car. When I arrived at the clinic, my favorite veterinary technician commented on how great I looked and how beautiful my coat was. Oh yeah, Justin Timberlake thinks he brings sexy back. He's wrong. It's me.


Next, my favorite veterinary technician weighed me and I gain almost FIVE POUNDS! Woohoo!


The other technician brought me in the exam room and I cooperated while they put a thermometer in my posterior end. YIKES! After a little wait, the veterinarian came in and talked to mommy. I had to wait. And wait. And wait before she finally looked at me! Mommy and my vet are friends and very chatty. *Yawn*


Once Mommy and the vet realized the point of the visit was ME, she did a thorough examination and listened to every single centimeter of my lungs. And guess what, my lungs sounded PERFECT! My heart sounded good too. Whoohoo! Next, she palpated my abdomen very thoroughly to look for any enlarged lymph nodes. Did she find any? No! Instead, all of that poking and prodding resulted in a few burps, the hiccups, and a couple of choice farts. HA! Serves them right! We ended this rendez-vous with a quick injection and away we went.


So folks, please join me in a week long party! I will be serving Bailey's Irish Cream, Guinness, and all sorts of goodies.


FINNEGAN IS BACK AND BADDER THAN EVER!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Hey Finn,

That is most wonderful news! Of course, everyone knows that Irish Wolfhounds are tough pooches.

Pour me a shot of Irish Whiskey and we'll celebrate St. Patrick's day together.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

I forgot the Irish Whiskey! So sorry! We have a class filled for you!

Finny's mom

1:56 PM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Yay Finn! And funny, I mentioned sexy back Justin in my post yesterday! Coincidence? or genius dog vibes passing between us? You tell me...

5:02 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Happy Paddy's Day, pal! Great news about the vet visit! You can't keep a good dog down!

wally.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Woo Hoo! Go Finnie Go! I have a Guinness, please. And one for my beastie girl Sophie Brador too.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - who's the dog? Way to go on those results, dog! That's excellent! Top one on sneaking the farts too he he he! Hope you had a great St. Patrick's day you brand new dog, you! He's bringin' the finny back!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

7:07 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Bigger, Badder, and Better looking! Great job with the car!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Happy St. patrick's day Finnegan. Woh Bailey's Irish Cream and goodies. Can I come to yout pawty too?

` fufu

2:55 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

What? The Guinness can around Finnegan's neck is EMPTY! He deserves a little celebratory tipple. Congratulations.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Woohoo way to go ya boy ya!

That's a polite Irish ma's way of sayin' that's great news, Finnster.

Now, bring on the Guinness, Baileys and JAMESONS!

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home