http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Finding a Great Pet Sitter

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Friday, March 09, 2007

Finding a Great Pet Sitter

Every once and a while, Mummy and Daddy think it is perfectly acceptable to go away for a weekend, or even a whole week(!), and leave the kitties and me at home. I know Mummy and Daddy are sad to leave us but they are not so sad that they stay at home. Go figure. The five of us miss our humans when they leave and we are ecstatic when they return. Mummy is afraid I am going to break my tail from wagging it so hard. The kitties smother them with love when they go to bed at night. It's like a purring festival with happy feet galore.

It's not all bad when they leave us. Because Mummy lived in a different city while she attended graduate school, Daddy would travel every other weekend to see Mummy and he would leave the kitties at home with a pet sitter. I was with Mummy so I did not need to be left with a pet sitter. Ha! HA! I am the favorite. Daddy would ask students to watch us and he had a few regulars who loved animals and did not mind the extra cash in their pocket. Some were better than others but most did a fine job.

Most recently, Mummy and Daddy struck gold when they found our present pet sitter. She had been a student of Daddy's and she has two boys who help her take care of us. They spend a lot of time at the house, take me for walks, play with all of us, and give us the love we demand. Yes, demand. The boys are gentle with us and as Mummy learned last night they truly love us. Again, Mummy and Daddy are going for an overnight in the next few weeks and they needed the pet sitter to come pick up the key. Ms. Pet Sitter and one of the boys came last night and I greeted them at the door. Ms. Pet Sitter told Mummy that her boy wanted to meet Mummy and Daddy but I think he really wanted to see me. I know Mummy felt good about leaving us in the able hands of the pet sitter when the young boy starting petting my head and said: "Hey Buddy! I've missed you."

Mummy and Daddy can now go on their trip knowing that we will be safe and will get the love we deserve.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

I know you'll miss the folks - I can't imagine mine leaving!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we need a pet sitter for me, the hoomans call in my uncle Chris (or Shaggy - that's his nick name). He and I rough play like with me and Dad and sometimes he invites his friends around and we all play. I love my uncle Shaggy. (Dad:The right pet sitter is a blessing.)

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey Finnegan, Great pet sitters are gold! Sophie loves her dog walker. So much so that when the place next door to her came on the market, our heads started buzzing. We are thinking about moving in right next door to her! You don't get much more handy than that. Of course, we should probably put some thought into the house too.....

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home