http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Just Another Quiet Sunday

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just Another Quiet Sunday

As usual, the humans, kitties, and I are having a quiet Sunday. Mummy and Daddy let me sleep in until 9:30! Ahhhh! Those weirdos usually get up at six. I just don't get it. Personally, I need my beauty sleep! This morning was especially quiet after breakfast and I slept another two hours. It's rough, I know. Please wipe the tear from your eye. We'll make it through this tough time together.

At around 12:30, Mummy and Daddy came back from their run and took me out back to play! Oh yes, it sounds exciting, sure. Mummy, Daddy, Me. . .and the mentally disturbed deformed psycho cat. You know, the orange cat with extra toes who is all sweet and nice one minute and the next...BAM! He tries to rip my face off. Precious little darling, isn't he?

We went out back for a little fun time. Of course, Daddy had to bring the compost out, which smells soooooo delicious. Mmmm, drool is forming at the corner of my mouth as we speak. Initially, Mummy did not allow Donald the Royal Craziness outside because she saw a hawk swoop into our neighbors yard. If I had to make a bet on Donald versus a hawk, I would pick Donald. He is one scary [bleep]. Once the bird flew away, Donald joined us. Oh joy.

Here is what is not fair. Since it has been warmer out, the top layer of snow is somewhat solid and crunchy. That means when I step on the snow, I sink right down. Being a tripod, that makes walking a little tricky although I realized the faster I go, the easier the trek. Okay, and here is what is NOT fair, Donald can delicately place his little paws on the snow AND HE DOES NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY BREAK THROUGH THE SNOW. SEE! I told you. No fair.

And wait, there is certainly more. For some reason when he has had too much "outdoor time", he becomes psycho kitty and attacks whatever is near him. This could be shrubbery, the fence, or my humans. Today, it was me. He gave me the old one-two and made a hideous screaming noise. Daddy promptly picked him up and brought him inside. That ended our outdoor time. Since then, Daddy is grading homework, Mummy is sewing, and the kitties and I are napping.

All is right in my world.

2 Comments:

Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Welcome to the club Pal. I get the crap beaten out of me by cats every day of my Perfect Life.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Finnegan. Man.. you sure do live with a scary cat... And how come he has no problems with the snow while you sink in..

~ fufu

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home