http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: It's Not Easy Being Donald

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's Not Easy Being Donald

At any time, in any part of the house, Donald can hear the back door opening and will push his way out of the house. Although Donald is an "indoor cat", he is allowed outdoor visitation. Typically, he ventures outside on warmer days in the company of Finnegan and Prof. H. and/or me. He is never unattended and when the excitement becomes too overwhelming for him, and he starts hissing at shrubbery, Donald is returned to the comforts of a warm house.

As you are aware, we have more snow than we know what to do with it. We thought of making an army of snowmen around the parameter of our backyard to intimidate the neighbors' yippy dogs. Yes, on both sides of us we have dogs who think barking is their God given right at any time of the day for any reason for as long as they want at a decibel and pitch that could cause convulsions in folks susceptible to seizures. Of course, building these snowmen would take time away from other things I enjoy such as thinking of reasons why I should not bulldoze my house.

Back to Biggy D, the Donald, Donny Boy, Biggy Paws. This past Sunday, I took Finnegan out back in hopes of taking some pictures or videos. As usual, Donald managed to sneak out with us. At first when he stepped his delicate wittle pawsies outside, the snow was packed and he did not sink down. When he reached the fluffy snow, down down down he went. The snow was higher than his head. He howled at me like I had the nerve of creating this sh*t and how dare I do this to him and why did I not warn him of this inconvenience!!!!! "Damn you human! You will rue the day you made me suffer so!" he must have been thinking.

Being the warm hearted animal person I am, I told him: "Tough Donald. You wanted out. You deal with it". I think I heard him grumble under his breath and he headed under the deck where there was little to no snow. Eventually, I brought him inside but I think this picture captures him complaining about how rough he has it:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha - poor Donald. He sounds as moody as my Aunty Cue. She is scary!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Mean Mommy!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Finny. oh you really got that pic of Donald complaining...

~ fufu

1:24 AM  
Blogger Scrappy and Pebbles said...

hahaha I love the idea of the snowmen to stop yippy dogs barking. I have a JR neighbor who barks at her own shadow. No I am not a yippy yapper even though I am a small dog.

Donald is a gorgeous cat.


Tail wags
~Scrappy

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home