100th Post and Don't Mess with my Finnegan!
Emma's post today was quite apropos. This blog is fairly harmless and not particularly confrontational. Although I am sarcastic and at times, judgmental, I try not to hurt people's feelings. Today has not been a great day. I was up half the night coughing and now I feel crappy. At work I raced around getting things done that should have been done a week ago. When I looked at Finnegan's latest youtube.com video, I noted a new comment. Usually, the comments are kind and talk about the viewer's love of Irish Wolfhounds or what a neat dog he is, etc. This time, I found a comment that said to the effect: you don't feed your dog enough bitch.
Wow. I looked at the video again and thought, well, yes, he is on the slim side being HE HAS CANCER AND ALL. Then I thought, oh my god, am I not feeding him enough? I know I give him six to eight cups of food a day (if he has any more, he becomes fatty Irish Wolfhound) and three small treats but maybe this person is correct? *Insecure Insecure Insecure*
Then I realized the following:
- You cannot see his ribs in person and he has always had a slender figure. Unlike me. Go figure.
- I feed him the recommended amounts and adjust it if I think he is getting too much or too little.
- He just finished chemotherapy three months ago; he is not going to be as bulky as he was before treatment.
- This anonymous poster called me a bitch so that tells me he is immature, mindless, and rude.
- There is this nice little feature called the delete function where I can remove the comment.
- Possibly it could have been sarcasm but since I don't know this person, it is not appropriate considering the blood, sweat and tears I have given Finnegan as he has fought and continues to fight for his life.
So, I realized I should not be insecure when someone I don't know criticizes me, Finnegan is fine and is loved by his family and his blog family, and the delete button is something special.