http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Help Out Dogs in Dubai

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Help Out Dogs in Dubai


Recently, my husband and I stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast in New York State. The owners lived in Oman (I believe) for some time and returned to the United States with these two amazing dogs. Unfortunately in that part of the world, there are a lot of wild homeless dogs. I fell in love with the girls because they reminded me a lot of Finnegan. They had many characteristics of a sight hound; they were gentle, graceful, and intelligent. I cannot stop thinking about these fantastic dogs and so I did a little research about dogs in Oman and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. There is a dog rescue organization called K9 Friends that has been rescuing dogs for some time. Most recently, they have lost the lease on their kennel and their rescues will be without a home if something is not done quickly. I realize there are many dogs in the United States without homes and we should focus our attention here; however, I feel that we are a global community and we need to think past our borders for all creatures. If you are interested in helping, please check out their website. Plus, if you have any ideas, let me know what you are thinking!
*The picture is of Betsy, an example of one of the many beautiful dogs who needs rescuing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home