http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: National Taste Test - Food #2

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, April 05, 2007

National Taste Test - Food #2

Creepy quiet announcer voice in background: Again, Finnegan does not know it, because honestly he doesn't really care, as long as he gets fed, I mean come really but oh yeah, Finnegan doesn't know it but we have switched his national dog food brand with Canidae Lamb and Rice.

[Three scoops of doggy goodness clink into his stainless steel bowl]

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP SUCTION NOISE GULP - AHHHHHHH. BELCH.

Creepy quiet announcer voice returns: Well, this is a shocker. Finnegan gobbled down his food without noticing anything was different. I mean, he used to eat lamb and rice, and OH! This is lamb and rice. This dog is not a very discriminating connoisseur of lamb and rice. What a chump. He must be one of those white trash Irish Wolfhounds from out west.

What, huh? It's supposed to be different than my usual Lamb and Rice? Really? More pricey? Okay. Sure. It's um, reminiscent of a French Bordeaux, or something....like...that. What? Less fillers so my poops are smaller? Really? But I love huge poops! I want satellite dishes from outer space to SEE my poops. They are glorious! All should pay homage to my huge poops!

[Finnegan, your mom and dad do not want huge poops to pick up. Sorry, buddy.]

Creepy whispering announcer voice: The real test: will Finnegan emit noxious fumes from his arse or run to the back door with his bum cheeks clenched together.

[Okay, not a pleasant image but it's our reality man!]

[Several hours later and no fumes or runny dogsbursts]

Creepy voice: Well folks, the proof is in the pooping. No fumes, no diarrhea, and smaller more compact poops for easy scooping. And frankly, I don't think this dog would notice if we cut up a
Jimmy Choo strappy stiletto and put it in his bowl. He would eat that too. Tune in next time when Finnegan tries Timberwolf and some other flavors of Innova and Canidae and doesn't. even. notice.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nessa Happens said...

I'm switching to Timberwolf because they do not have a laboratory testing facility wherein they torture poor innocent doggies and kitties. Also, it smells FANTASTIC. My mama says it is the first dog food kibble she has ever smelled that smelled like FOOD.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm, lamb and rice! I love lamb but mom says every lamb I have tried gives me WIND! Who cares about wind? I don't have to taste wind do I? I eat Solid Gold Bison & fish (wolf king) But I do like lamb better.....dang old wind!

Finny, you are one lucky dog and you don't even know it!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Hmmm... only dog owners can have this conversation, erm, monologue, erm, blog entry and think it's normal.

ROFL!

PS QB does not do well on rice.... we had to swap to potato

4:17 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Finnegan--Glad to read your reviews! My sis is picky and has a sensitive stomach (whereas I could dine on McDonalds wrappers with no difficulty). We might try some of your suggestions--we both already love the Evo! I can only imagine how much it costs to feed you, Finnegan! You probably weigh as much as me and my sis combined! And we're worth every penny, eh?

wally.

ps. I love the big poop too. It may explain my fondness for baby carrots. They're big AND orange. Easily spotted from space.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Big poop rule! Except when you step in them. :(

Sophie is eating a wolfie food too ... It's Solid Gold Wolf King, with salmon and bison, don't you know. She loves it! But she also loves cat poop so I don't know if that's saying much, really.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hello Finnegan,

Meggie-moo here - yes I AM a Deerhound, but not just any old deerhound, I'm royalty. (That's my storey and I'm sticking to it!)

Can we have a new Finnegan picture please?

Megan
xx

6:40 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Woo Hoo. I'm a Canidae doggie, Finney! I can honestly say my poop don't stink!

I also eat less since I got on it, so my Perfect Figure is not in danger.

Mom tried a lot of foods on me but she says I'm sticking with Canidae and that's all right with me cause I really like it.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

If you are experimenting with brands, Pappy's an Artemis dog. It's another of the all natural brands with food grade ingredients. A guy I work with swears by Wysong, similar high-grade food.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Finny, so you like your diet so far?
Hee, the big poop thingy is pretty funny.

~ fufu

4:57 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Hey--I tried Candidae, too, though my ma got a bag of the stuff "For Senior or Overweight Dogs" and I'm not sure why. I'm not fat OR old!

wally.

ps. I loved it. But, again, not a good measure since I would love moldy socks.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home