http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: My Mom Is Dim

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Mom Is Dim

Dear Mom,

For some reason you have it in your tiny human head that my birthday is June 12th. Well guess what. It's not. My birthday is TO-MO-RROW. The sixth. Not the twelvth. Yes, six plus six equals twelve, twelve is twice the amount of six, woof woof woof, but still. My birth only happened once. Unless of course you want to make me cupcakes on both days and then I will reconsider.

So you better get off your arse and start baking. I'm looking forward to my birthday cupcakes. TOMORROW.

With love,

Finnegan

12 Comments:

Blogger Texas's Mum said...

Hey Finn,
HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BARKDAY DEAR FINN
HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU.
I hope you get all the cupcakes
you can eat and lots of prezzies
to have a great day dude.

Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).

1:11 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Happy Burpday Finn! You deserve two days of cupcakes for SURE.

wally.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finnegan,

Here's a little song I wrote for you (sing it to the hooman tune of Happy Birthday).

It's your barkday June 6
Time Mom started to mix
All of Finny's good pupcakes
Or he'll infest her bed with ticks
(You kind of have to rush that last line - but it works)

Viva La Finnegan! Glad you were born, man.

Goob love,
Stanley

3:13 PM  
Blogger . said...

Happy Birthday Finnegan!

Yay for cupcakes!

Smooches,

Ky and Ko.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Happy Happy Birfday Finny!!!!
Hope you feel great, and get lots of yummys and anything else your heart desiwes...I'm sending you extra special tewwwier vibes and wish I could come give you smoochie kisses in person. I'm so glad to be your fwiend! Hope you have many many moooore!
Asta

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could they get it mix up...lol...netherless, they still love you and it be great to have double birthday! Happy birthday with tons of kisses and paw hugs!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cleo said...

Happy Birthday Finnegan! Hope you get LOTS of cupcakes.

Sniffs
Clee-pees...

2:17 AM  
Blogger Tealeaf said...

Happy Birthday Big Dude!!!

Hope your humans recognise that you need every treat in the universe today.

Sniffs!

Tealeaf

2:28 AM  
Blogger Bootsie said...

Birthdays? Birthdays? Do we get them? With drive through burgers and cupcakes? I want one!

Happy Birthday Finnegan.

Count Boots.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hey Big Boy! I will lounge on my sofa and think about you today.

Lots of love

Meggie-moo.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Happy birthday Finn! I hope you don't get the neutering present for your birthday like I got for mine. (worst...present...ever...)

3:00 AM  
Blogger KuBrin Kaos said...

Happy Birthday, my pal Finnegan.
I have a recipe for cupcakes :

Sugar, flour, butter, sprinkly things, chicken, liver, bacon, cheese & anything else you can find in the bin.

KuBrin aka QB

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home