http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Cancer Is Cruel

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cancer Is Cruel

From Finnegan's Mother:









Since I began writing on this blog, I have met some lovely people and their dogs via the Internet. One such person is a woman who had an Irish Wolfhound named, Breeze. I believe I introduced everyone to Breeze on January 4, 2007. Breeze was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the same leg in pretty much the same location as Finnegan. She endured the same tests, surgery, and chemotherapy as Finnegan back in January and throughout the winter. So so sadly, cancer took Breeze too soon. Breeze died suddenly yet peacefully on Saturday, June 2, 2007.








Breeze's mother loved and cared for her more than you could imagine. She slept on the floor with her when she was weak. She purchased a special stroller/cart and modified it so that she could bring Breeze out and about without worrying about her becoming tired. When Breeze finished chemotherapy, they took a well-deserved vacation down the eastern coastline. There is a lovely video of her here where she is enjoying a warm day by a lake.








I want to say that I am so sorry for Breeze's family. My heart aches for you and I feel like I have lost a special friend. In Breeze's memory, I will make a donation to We Are the Cure. This is an organization that helps fund canine cancer research. I would ask all of you who can to please donate in Breeze's memory. Thank you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Finny - where was Breeze from? Did she live in Middletown, NJ? I went to obedience classes with a girl named Breeze who was an irish wolf hound...I loved her. oh no I hope it wasn't my friend that passed away!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Breeze. It is simply amazing how wonderful these beasties are and what a huge presence they are in our lives. I've lost four dogs since I was a kid and every time, I swear I'll never get another dog because it is just too much to bear the pain when they go, but everytime, I do.

Breeze looks like she was a wonderful dog and her family must be heartbroken. They were so lucky to have found each other. Salut Breeze!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

That is so sad - I remember reading about Breeze when you posted about her.

Farewell Breeze.

Kerri

2:22 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

It sounds like Breeze has touched more than a few lives! I'm sure you'll never be the same.

Wish I had known her.

Enjoy running at the bridge, Breeze.

Stanley

4:39 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

I'm so sorry that Breeze's Mom lost Breeze and I know she must be devastated. Breeze was a lucky puppy to have such a caring Mom who took such good care. Now Breeze is romping over at the Rainbow Place and I bet if Breeze could Bark down at the Mom, Breeze would say Thank You Mom! You are so Cool! I'm OK now!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Oh Finnegan, my Mommy is sobbing all over the compooter, you see she just got a message from Daddy's dr., that he's OK for another 6 months.....I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for showing Breeze's happy time by the lake .I hope she's running free of pain..I'm sure she knew how much she was loved.
Give our condolences to Breeze's family and PLEEZ you stay healthy my sweet friend
smoochie kisses
Asta

4:32 PM  
Blogger BOSSY said...

Sniff drip drip SNIFF!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Finnegan, really sorry to hear about your pal, Breeze. Cancer is awful and you and I are the lucky ones to have come through it. It's never easy losing a friend. Condolences to her owners. J x

3:10 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh, that's so sad. I'm glad Breeze had such a loving family. It just doesn't seem fair. Sigh.

wally.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor Breeze. We went and made a donation in Breeze's name.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home