http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: A Public Service Announcement

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Public Service Announcement

Dear Public,

I understand during certain times of the year, humans enjoy igniting explosive devices and watching them explode. I realize they look pretty and are oh so very exciting. As a dog, I implore you: Stop. Stop blowing shit up. I know, I am using a profanity but this is a serious subject for me. Just stop. Every time I hear the hissing noise of your explosive flying up into the air, I begin to pant fast, you can see the whites of my eyes, and I try to sit on Mommy. And so you know, Mommy cannot hold a 150 pound Irish Wolfhound in her lap too easily. Then, when I hear BOOM! I then want to crawl up the wall and hide in the rafters, or in a closet, or in a fireplace (preferably one without a fire), or in any location where I have the false sense of security. So again, stop with the blowing up of shit so I and all the other dogs your hear howling in the neighborhood from the sheer terror of your explosives can relax.

Thank you for your immediate and prompt cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Finnegan

12 Comments:

Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh No Finnegan, I hope they stop blowing things up in the sky and that you're ok now

~ girl girl

3:39 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

I second this! I don't want anybody scaring the bejesus out of Finney you hear!!!!???? I am willing to bite to make my point, people!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Where do you live and what are they blowing up? I'm glad they don't blow up things here. Maybe you need to move to Montreal and live by me so we can hang all the time.

11:33 AM  
Blogger BOSSY said...

So. Funny. Bossy's Dane isn't just Great, she's terrified of loud things overhead. (fireworks, planes, leaves falling gently to the ground...)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am scare of fireworks and sudden noise but sometimes it's beyond my control. PAw hugs!

1:29 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Dude, I am right there with you. I hate stupid fireworks! Let's celebrate the Declaration of Independence as our founding fathers would have wanted. Loads of foods and beer.

wally.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thirded!

Snuffles

Megan

7:21 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Hi Finnegan,
Geez I'm already scareded, I wasn't borned yet last 4th of July, but my Mommy told me that her NOra, who has since gone to heaven, used to be so terrified all summer,(there's alternating dunderdorms, and fireworkses all summer here)that she spent all the time under the counter in the bathroom, it's the furthest from any window in the apt. I sure hope Mr. Public listens to you.
Lots of Smoochie kisses
Asta

3:37 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

I agree Finnegan! I hate fireworks and unnessesary loudness! I hope they listen to you!

BTW... you are soooo cute!!! :-)

4:54 PM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

we like to go outside after the fireworks and bark, bark, bark, bark, bark and keep everyone up and make them all cranky and loose sleep. That's how we deal with it.

The FleasGang

4:55 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finnegan!

You should write all public service announcements for the hoomans! What is it with blowing things UP?

I saw you when you left a comment on Asta's blog, and had to go get my hooman girl! While she loves Airedales, she's absolutely CRAZY about Irish Wolfies like you! She thinks you are AMAZING! Good looks, good heart... the total package. Want to be buddies? Either way I'm going to link you to my blog.

Come visit sometime,
Stanley

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I wholeheartedly agree! J x

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home