http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Apologies All Around

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Friday, August 31, 2007

Apologies All Around

I know many of you have been waiting in great anticipation for my return. Huddled by the computer, waiting for a simple "woof" from the big guy.

Well hereeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss FINNY!

Yes, my parents left ME with the four fabulous felines in the care of our able pet sitter so that they could go on vacation. And can you believe they did not bring me? It's just so wrong. BAD BIPEDS! But on the other hand, I think all the travel would have tuckered out this big body of mine. Sure, I am feeling well. Yeah, I am making it but I do get tired easily. And dammit, heat and Finnegan do not mix! So honestly, I was happy to be home with my pet sitter and her two lovable boys who provide me with all of the fun loving attention a dog could want.

Now that Mommy and Daddy are home, I have been getting almost nonstop attention when they are home. Some attention is great: treats, belly rubs, hugs, and kisses. Other attention, eh, I could do without: cleaning out my ears, cutting my nails, and brushing my unkempt hairdo. I think if you charted the number of treats against the number of hours Mommy and Daddy were gone, you could see a close correlation. Perhaps they will be leaving again soon?

The kitties were just as ecstatic as I when my mama and daddy returned home. Certainly the purring could be heard in the next county of the Iraq and as such. You would have thought they had returned from a year long trip around the world, but hey, we like our human companionship.

I know I have a bunch of memes to answer but there is only so much time in the day and I PROMISE to work on them as soon as I can. Really. I promise. A little. No! I will.

I hope everyone is doing fine and I will try to visit you all to get the latest updates.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Glad you're back! LOts of love, Nooks...

1:41 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finny!!

Welcome back, buddy!! Enjoy the hoomans!! Can't wait to hear more from you.

Goober love,
Stanley

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Hey Fin! you are BAAACK!

WOOHOO!

Watch out for the beard trimmer ok?

Snogs

Kerrio & co

2:10 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Welcome back! We missed you!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home