http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Tripawds Unite!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tripawds Unite!

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to meet another proud tripawd (see also, tripod) who was driving around the United States in an RV. And let me tell you, it was awesome! Jerry had so much energy and we were so impressed by how well he could ran back and forth. His humans were awesome too. They sold their business (Mama said it had to do with computers) and their house and are driving around the country in a biodiesel pickup truck and RV.


Unfortunately, the day we met was rainy; however, it did not stop us from hanging out for almost two hours!!! Mama and his daddy kept trying to take pictures of us together but it was tough. As soon as we were in the frame together, Jerry or I would decide we needed to relocate. Mama did get some good pictures of us and she will post them soon! She promises!

Like I said, Jerry is MUCH faster than I am. He is a Shepard and border collie mix and is a bit smaller than me. (Mama: a bit? Finny, you are a giant, pal.) Mama thought he was very sweet. And I thought he was silly. He kept poking his head through Mama's legs. I must admit, I was a bit jealous of the attention Mama was giving him. I suppose it is okay since I get to LIVE with Mama and she gives me attention every day. Anyway, Jerry had a great big tumor in his scapula, as opposed to my distal radius, but the surgeons removed everything. And guess what? He is nine months post his surgery!!! What a great dog.

After two hours of talking and sniffing and lounging (me, for the most part, I'm slowing down, folks), we said our good-byes. Jerry's awesome parents gave me some cool presents! Apparently, Jerry likes Barney the purple dinosaur and they gave me one of his! And the best part: it's pre-chewed! My favorite! I love any stuffy that has already been slobbered on by another pooch. Plus, they gave me some delicious treats and gave Mama a cool sticker to put on the car that says "Tripawd on Board" with a silhouette of a three-legged dog jumping. I'm sure Jerry was the model. Mama felt bad she didn't bring anything for Jerry (nice job, MOTHER!).

Jerry also has a blog that you should definitely check out. It's very snazzy and provides great information. Also, you can follow where Jerry is going and maybe even meet him too! Wouldn't that be cool???


It was a great day and I am unbelievably excited to have met another tripod who is doing so well. And again, I promise, pictures will be up as soon as possible!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Finnegan!

Very cool you could meet Jerry. How did you two hook up? Did you meet him through his blog or did he find you through yours? (OK, enough with the questions, sorry man!)

Can't wait to see photos of you, buddy. It's been awhile and I want to see if you're getting any more distinguished! Please try to post one with your new Barney stuffie!

Goober love,
Stanley

2:03 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Hi Finny
I long to see a pictoowe of you! o's been way too long!
What a gweat meeting..Jerry sounds cool..of couwse not neawly as cool as you!
smoochie kisses
Asta

2:53 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Jerry sounds like a nice doggie. Can't wait to see pictures of you 2 together

~Girl girl

5:26 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Six legs with but a single thought-- sniffing!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey Finnie! I can't wait to see the photos of you and Jerry.

5:44 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Whoa! Jerry sounds AWESOME! And I love the phrase tripawd! That website is pretty cool--so many awesome dogs!

wally.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Finny! Wow, thanks for putting my mug shot up on your blog. I feel like a celeb. You are so cool. I had so much fun meeting you too, and am so glad we finally got to hang out. I'll remember that day forever.

Woof! Sniff! - Jerry

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home