http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: NEWMAN!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

NEWMAN!

Saturday morning I was out back, minding my own business of course, when I heard a yipping from the back fence. Typically, I hear yipping from either side of my kingdom but never from the back. So of course, in my curious Wolfhound fashion, I had to investigate. I tromped over to the back fence and what did I find? A Jack Russell Terrier. A very barky excited Jack Russell Terrier named Newman who was all up in my bid-ness. Well of course I sniffed and wagged and greeted. After all, I am the king of friendly kindness.

And I thought this sniffing between the fence would be it. But what? What? Hello? What's going on here? Dude? What are you DOING? Sure enough, the little bugger squeezed himself under the fence and jumped and jumped and jumped for joy.

WHOA! Settle down! I'm a wise older man without your impish energy. I can't keep up with whatever crazy is going on in your head.

Zipping. Back. And. Forth. Never ending energy! So I played along. I galloped. I woofed. I stomped. A one footed stomp of course. And he dashed and zipped and HEY WAIT! He nipped and then again NIPPED! Whoa!Whoa!WHOA! Do you know who you are dealing with? The king of dogs? The wise and woolly? But no, this little guy wanted to be the boss. The Napoleon Complex could not be quashed. I played the final card and bared my teeth.

By this point, Mama and Daddy came out back, grabbed me and then scooted the little feller over the fence. Did it stop? Did he fear me and stay on his side of the fence?

No. Back under the fence he came. Again Mama grabbed him and Daddy found pieces of wood to cover up the gaps. No matter what we did, he came back until finally there were no spaces for him to slither underneath to gain access to my kingdom.

And so he sits there by the fence. Barking. Hoping to regain entrance to be in the presence of greatness.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cleo said...

OOoer in Finn - you need to guard and repell the invaders... especially the very short ones.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Woah. Brave little terrorist he was. I hope it was a yard out back and not a road. Was he all by himself?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Finn!

Just like a Jack Russell ~ ALWAYS up in someondog's bidness. Hey, you tried to offer the very large paw of friendship. Whatcha gonna do if he can't accept that & be happy?

Hope his people know he's an escape artist!

Goober love,
Stanley

11:06 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh. are you going to be friends with this new doggie?

~ Girl girl

4:18 AM  
Blogger Biggie-Z said...

hello finny this is biggie. jack russells are silly i like them to chase me, but i'm still a puppy not a big grownup doggy like you. sometimes when i see little barky dogs i lie down so they dont get so scared of me. sometimes they climb on my head but sometimes i end up lying on top of them. oops. heh heh

10:25 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

You are a very nice boy to not have hurt the annoying little thing!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home