http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Happy Birthday, Finny!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Finny!

Today Finny turns eight years old. This is an amazing feat for an Irish Wolfhound who was diagnosed and treated for bone cancer two years ago. Sadly, as you all know by now, the cancer came back. Luckily, it does not seem to be bothering his breathing and he is chilling, eating, and getting love. This weekend I plan on making him some Finnegan Muffins (essentially a bunch of peanut butter and flour) so he can enjoy his birthday with some delectable treats.

So Happy Birthday, Buddy! We love you!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeay Finnegan! That is so awesome! Happy hoppy birthday, we love you!

Jerry, Jim & Rene

2:32 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Finny! We hope you got treats and a pressie or two!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

5:47 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Finny
Happy Birfday!!!
You awe pawsome..enjoy evewy moment as I know you know how..to be so loved is wondewful..I hope those peamut buttew tweats make you feel even happiew..I'm so glad to heaw that finni's bweathing is still OK..
I think of you all the time
smoochie kisses and love
ASTA

12:32 AM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Happy Birthday Finn, May every day bring you and your love and happiness (and treats).

Hugs from us all

Kerrio & co

7:37 AM  
Blogger Wuffstuff said...

Greetings from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.

We're looking for members with different dogs to add pix to our site.

It's a fact that Irish Wolfhounds are very different and we don't have any on our site.

Hope you could have a look at us.
Cheers
Steve
www.wuffstuff.com

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Dearest Finnegan,

My social secretary sucks, but I am sooo sending you a big huge smooch and wag.

Please give your mom a smooch for me too.

xo,

ernesto!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Happy Birthday, Buddy Boy Finn!

Youare such an old man, and I LOVE you, buddy! Can't believe you're the big 0-8.

Hope the peamutt butter thingies were tasty!

Goober love & birthday smooches,
Stanley

9:19 AM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Hi Finny!

HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BARKDAY DEAR FIIIIINNNNNNNY!
HAPPY BARKDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BARKDAY FINNY!!!!!!
Sorry this is belated, but I hope you had a SUPER WONDERFUL day!!

Big Smooches,
Winnie :-)

9:34 PM  
Blogger wally said...

I'm sorry I missed your burpday--I hope it was a great one!

wally.

ps. Finnegan muffins sound delectable.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home