http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Feeling Good

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling Good

Finny has had three good days in a row and this morning was great too! He is slow to get up in the morning (he takes after his mama) but once he's up, he has energy, is interested in eating food, and is in good spirits. I think part of it is that we have figured out a good combination for his medication where he is comfortable but not feeling like he needs to expel gross fluids from his rear end. Lovely thought, no? Last night we played in the back yard and he helped me search for a kitten that is apparently wandering around our neighborhood. It's not ours but I hate the idea of a lost kitten in the big bad outdoors! Poor baby. He also helped himself to the cat food I left outside for the kitten. He must really be feeling better!

The Prof and I are heading out of town so our caring pet sitters will be watching him and the cats. I hope that won't throw him off too much but they come three times a day and spend a lot of time with him. He is such a good boy.

So here's hoping to more good days!

8 Comments:

Blogger LiveWorkDream said...

Right ON Finny! Hey, has your Mamma ever tried giving you pumpkin for that butt liquid problem? It works like a charm for me, I slop that stuff right out of the can!

I'm feeling good too. Wore myself out swimming in a lake this week, and Mom and Dad are making me take it easy now, but laying around all week ain't so bad either. They're jealous!

Keep it up, my friend, we're thinking of you.

-Jer

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was supposed to be from Jerry!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

I'm happy to hear Finny's feeling well. :)

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Finnegan!

I'm glad you are feeling a little better...

diane

6:44 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're glad you're feeling better, Finny! Keep it going!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

7:17 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

WooHoo for good days, man! I wish there was something BIG I could do to make life better for you, but it sounds like you're getting plenty of love & smooches.

Tell the mom & the prof to have a good time and not to worry. You're a big boy!

Goob love,
Stanley

9:21 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Good dog. Why do they call it cat food anyway? It's only theirs if they get to it first.

7:14 PM  
Blogger DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Finny

Desert Pups here and we're new in town and just wanted to say woof. Sorry you're not feeling well.

Scuba, Keiko, Norman and Toby

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home