http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Moving along

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Friday, July 14, 2006

Moving along

Yesterday, I visited my veterinarian at home. I expended a lot of energy going outside, peeing, getting in the car (with mum's help), riding to the vet, and getting out of the car (with mum's help again). By the time I got inside, I definitely needed a nice BIG drink of water. I drank some water and the nice vet tech brought me into a room. She weighed me and I have only lost eight pounds since my surgery! And remember, some of those eight pounds is my left front leg. No problems eating here! The nice vet tech trimmed my nails and asked some questions. The nice vet came in and examined me. Finally, my bandage came off and the incision looks super duper. Mum brought a t-shirt for me to wear and it's a little big so she has to tie it up in the back. I'm a handsome man, baby! Because I still ache, hmmm, wonder why, the very very nice vet gave me an injection of medication to relieve my pain. Within a few minutes, I was relaxing in happy land. We returned home and I sacked out for the night.

Today I'm doing fine. I ventured further in the backyard when mum came home. She's making me wear these dumb booties for more traction. I look like a dork. Maybe she will take them off at some point. Other than that, it's looking good. Just baby stepping it along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home