http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Nervous

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nervous

Human mum is very nervous about the surgery tomorrow. Tonight the human parents will drive me to the veterinary clinic to leave me overnight in preparation of my surgery tomorrow. She cannot stop thinking about the risks involved including stroke, blood clots, death, and other assorted horrible hazards associated with surgery and recovery. I know she will be an absolute positive nervous wreck tomorrow and anytime she hears the phone, she will leap ten feet in the air.

Mum loves me very much. I have been her companion and buddy for the last 6 years. I helped her get over some tough times out west and protected her while she lived away for two years. Okay, protection might be an exaggeration but I did cause many people to cross to the other side of the street when we walked together. Or maybe mum was just really scary looking...

Hopefully, I will learn fairly quickly how to ambulate on three legs and mum and I can go for walks. When someone gives us a stupid/rude/mean comment, she will craft some witty comebacks and show them!

Again, think good thoughts...for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home