All Our Children Meow and Woof: The BIG Day

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The BIG Day

Yesterday, human mom and I headed to Cleveland, again, for our appointment with the surgeon. And yet again, I was not allowed to eat in the morning just in case they need to do tests on me. That was not okay. I felt pretty nervous when we entered the vet clinic because last time mum brought me, she left me and they took a piece out of bone out of my leg. OUCH! As we waited for the appointment, mum talked to two women who had a Samoyed with lymphoma. I saw this dog and what a fatty! Woof. Pretty dog though. We were called into the exam room where the vet tech asked me about my health and I gave her a lot of kisses. Next, the vet came in to the room and did a quick examination. Mom asked questions and then the vet left again. She really didn't do too much at this appointment besides listen to my heart and palpate my abdomen.

After a few minutes, the receptionist came in with the *GASP* estimate for surgery. The surgery is this Thursday but mum and dad will bring me Wednesday evening. This time, they will also bring my own food. I know mum is very nervous for me, especially after seeing all the risks associated with the surgery. Mum did ask about what type of monitoring that they did during the surgery. The vet tech said she was the first one to ask that question in the six years she had worked. Go mum! (mum was a vet tech though). Everything from an ECG to blood pressure to pulse oxymeter. Wowzer.

We drove back home and mum brought treats so I could have something to eat in the car. I thanked her by having stinky toots. Because it was a hot day, the A/C was on the whole time so the windows were closed. Every time she got a whiff, she opened the back windows. Hey! It's not my fault!

Anyway, surgery is July 6th so think good thoughts for me!


Post a Comment

<< Home