http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: I made it!

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Friday, July 07, 2006

I made it!

Wait. Waiiitttt. I know something is missing. My keys? My collar? Hold on. I went through something like this before when I was a puppy and the doctor removed my...you know. What the HECK? Jeezum crow! My freakin' leg is missing! (yes, we need a little humour in this sort of situation)

Seriously now. I made it through surgery. The surgeon completed my surgery sometime around seven last night. I think they lost track of time or something because they neglected to call human mum and dad. Mum made dad call because she was afraid something had happened and couldn't deal with it. Dad called and the woman on the phone said I was fine and resting.

While mum was doing work related stuff, the other surgeon called and left a message telling mum that I was healing well and doing great considering the surgery I had just undergone. Mum called back and got all the info. They had to put a urinary catheter in because I was not ready to pee yet. I was able to move around some with assistance but WHOA! I did just go through a MAJOR surgery. I'm on morphine and that is helping with the pain. I am not quite interested in eating yet but that won't last long. Mmmmmm...kibble..... Mum can visit tomorrow while dad runs experiments at work. YEAH MUMMY VISIT! I can probably go home by Sunday. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home