http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: An Inspirational Dog Has Passed

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Monday, October 06, 2008

An Inspirational Dog Has Passed




On October 3, 2008, Jerry, another inspirational dog, passed away after a courageous battle with bone cancer. Jerry enjoyed a wonderful, loving, and exciting life with his human parents. During the last year or so of his life, he traveled the country with them seeing new places and faces. Finny and I had the good fortune to meet with them a year ago September. The two of them sniffed, and wagged, and sometimes just ignored each other. I found Jerry to be a sweet and smart boy with parents who loved them with all their heart.

What sometimes brings me peace and comfort is to think about Finny with four legs again, frolicking with his canine friends who passed before him. I imagine Finny waiting for Jerry on the other side with his big Irish Wolfhound grin and tail wagging, waiting to greet Jerry with all of the love that sweet boy deserves.

1 Comments:

Blogger LiveWorkDream said...

Oh Andrea, you are so sweet. Meeting you and Finny is something we will never, ever forget.

Our two heroes will forever live on in spirit. So brave, so inspiring, such role models, always.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home