http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: My Hometown

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Hometown

Emma is my hero today. She wrote a good post about the development of Erie and how the city and county council members could learn a thing or two from smaller cities like Burlington. I posted the world's longest comment giving my two cents. Long story short, I think Erie should consider two things, if they want to listen to me. Emma's post provided the impetus to put my possibly grandiose ideas down on paper (or I guess cyberspace).

First, because Erie has a huge manufacturing workforce that has been laid off, consider drawing in companies who are interesting in building alternative energy sources (like wind power, solar power, etc.) and environmentally friendly materials. I realize Pennsylvania is supposedly an expensive place to manufacture goods but why not invest in a beautiful region and set an example of making a Rust Belt City into an Ecologically and Environmentally Friendly City.

Second, Presque Isle is freakin' gorgeous. Lake Erie is an enormous asset. Now that GAF is leaving, let's look ahead and make plans to beautify the waterfront. Burlington's waterfront used to be an eyesore before the city and state made a concerted effort to redevelop it with a boathouse, restaurants, a fabulous bike path, a theatre, and many other assets. For more information about the Burlington Waterfront, check it out here.

I don't know if it is the coffee or what but I was completely giddy when I saw "Burlington, Vermont" on my Google reader. Must. Get. A. Life.

2 Comments:

Blogger BoxerDana said...

Dear Finnegan,

I wanted to thank you for your donation to Legacy Boxer Rescue to help care for those sweet puppies.

Dana

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip o' the hat. Burlington is absolutely gorgeous and it's in the running for where to move if we ever decide to give up on Erie.

And the bike path? Oh, that wonderful bike path! We spent most of our time around the waterfront. Unforuntately, I didn't get even a glimpse of Champ. ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home