http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Amputation When Diagnosed with Canine Osteosarcoma

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Friday, December 22, 2006

Amputation When Diagnosed with Canine Osteosarcoma


I noted in my stat counter that a human found my blog by searching in Google essentially "how soon to amputate after canine osteosarcoma" or something to that effect. As you are all well aware, I am a dog so I cannot provide medical advice and this should not be construed as a substitution for medical or veterinary advice. Sorry, Mummy is an attorney and LOVES disclaimers. That being said, I would advise you to get to a veterinarian as soon as possible because osteosarcomas are a fast moving cancer that spread to the lungs. Please see a veterinary oncologist or board certified veterinary surgeon to get all of the necessary information to make this decision.

Some good sites for more information are here, here, and here. They are also listed to the left in my links.

I hope I helped and good luck! By the way, I did a full walk around the block last night!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home