http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Six Ways of Weird

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Six Ways of Weird

I have been tagged by Pappy to list six weird things about myself. Six? That's it? Well, here it is:

  1. I do not believe I have said this before here but I am a "sight-impaired" sight hound. Seriously. I am NOT KIDDING! I was born with an optic nerve defect and my vision is not so good. I can see shapes but I do great job of running into things at times. My mum first noticed when I was a puppy and I had nystagmus and I ran into the fence. Not just once. Twice. She took me to a veterinary opthamologist who did fancy tests on me and said it was just something I was born with and my sight might get worse OR it might just stay the same. As of now, I can still see. So there.
  2. I DO NOT like a neat bed. I sleep on about six blankets. Usually, my mummy folds them up in nice neat squares piled on top of each other so I have plenty of padding underneath me. When I go over to my bed, I start "nesting" and push the blankets around until they are to my satisfaction. This can go on for fifteen minutes until I get it just right.
  3. I love little dogs and even though my sight is not so hot, I am very gentle around them. When we lived out in Salt Lake City, there was a little Chinese Crested dog who would follow me around the dog park. I would be extra careful when he hung out with me.
  4. I play with big dogs like I am a boxer. Even with one front leg. When I get going, I bounce around and take my front paw and THWAP! the other dog. It's fun and boy does it take the other dog by surprise!
  5. I moved across country with FOUR cats and my mummy while my daddy drove the truck. That's a whole different post for a different day. Let's just say, it was not fun but I received TONS of attention at rest areas!
  6. When my mummy went to law school in another state, I lived with her for her last two years in law school. I travelled 500 miles round trip every other weekend with my mummy to visit my daddy and kitty siblings. During her third year, we were joined by Shrimpycat and she traveled with us too.

Okay, maybe these are not really weird facts but at least you know something more than me other than I have canine osteosarcoma and I am missing one leg (I'm still looking for it).

I am tagging:

Tin Tin

FuFu

Cubby

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Elegant weirdness, my friend. Man, Pappy's never been any further than Annapolis (40 miles) as far as we know. He's a bit of a hayseed compared to you world travelers.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home