http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Rough Ruff

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rough Ruff

Monday was an example of a tough day for me. Mum has been trying to set up a play date with my dog friend and she finally worked something out. We were going to drive up to my dog friend's house for me to play with Omes and Mum would be eating dinner with her human friends.

The evening began by Mum letting me outside to do my business and then giving me dinner. Yum. A little before seven, she encouraged me to walk up one flight of stairs. Because she had my leash in hand, I felt so excited about the prospects of where we were going! After an initial struggle, I managed to make my way up the stairs. The key is to go fast. It makes the climb so much easier. Once upstairs, Mum put my leash on me and we headed out the door. This time, I was able to get in the car all by myself with only a little boost. By this point, I was a bit tired but really excited to find out where we were going!!

We arrived at my friend's house and I leaped out of the car (yes, really!). Ome's mummy held the front door open for me and I manage to run into the door. In turn, I suffered a small cut above my right eye. Did I mention klutziness runs in the family? When I stepped into the door, I smelled my good buddy, Omes. He was wagging his tail and I was wagging mine.

HURRAY! PLAY TIME!

Not so fast. Mummy learned it was a mud pit outside so our play time was curtailed to sniffing each other in the dining room and me attempting to steal food off the table, counter, and out of the pantry closet. But Mum! They left the food out for meeeee!!!!! No such luck. Being in a new home with slippery kitchen floors, I became tuckered out pretty fast. I lounged behind Mummy in the dining room and we ended up leaving an hour and a half after arriving. Without play time. GRRRRRR.

I have recovered from my non-play play date and I'm awaiting Omes visit to my house where I can dominate Omes on my own turf and not lose energy in the excitement of the travel.

Lesson learned: I get tired easier than before so play times should be limited to my house.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home