All Our Children Meow and Woof: Daisy Doodle Scare

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Daisy Doodle Scare

Whooboy! We had a little scare in the dog family. My cousin, Daisy the most giantest Great Dane, felt under the weather yesterday. Being the hypochondriac she is (i.e. a big BIG baby), she refused to get out of her human parents' bed. Also, she left a couple puddles of pee or puke around the house (nice work, Daisy!). Because she would not extract herself from the extremely comfortable human bed (now really, why should she move?), human mum had to wait for human dad to return home. When he did, they brought her to animal emergency room. Apparently, this is a very interesting place (or human parents hit the bottle before they went - kidding!) because they saw one of those kangaroo type creatures in the lobby. That is besides the point. Once there, the veterinarian noticed she had a swollen joint (distal radius) in front leg. Uh oh. That is how my arch enemy - the osteosarcoma, the evil dreaded bone cancer who WILL DIE DIE DIE - presented. However, Daisy also had a fever and I suppose she was a wee bit dehydrated. They x-rayed her leg and thankfully, no apparent cancer. Phew! They shaved the area around her joint to see if there were any puncture wounds from Fred the psycho kitten or perhaps a large branch protruding out (she is a GIGANTOR GREAT DANE after all). Nothing there either. So long story short, they kept her overnight, gave her IV fluids and antibiotics, and are sending her x-ray to a veterinary radiologist (like the fancy Cornell one who looked at my x-ray) to make sure nothing was missed. Daisy gets to go home this morning and hopefully she will feel better very soon.


Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home