http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping All Our Children Meow and Woof: Eleven Days to Go

All Our Children Meow and Woof

I created this blog to sort through my emotions as Finnegan, a great Irish Wolfhound, fought bone cancer for nearly 26 months. Fortunately, his battle subsided for many months and during the course of the 26 months, I shared stories about his feline siblings. On August 8, 2008, Finny passed on in my husband's and my arms. He fought the good fight and he will always have a special place in my heart. *If you have a question, please write me at finnegandog at gmail dot com.*

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eleven Days to Go


I have less than two weeks before I am done my chemotherapy. Although it's been a complete blast getting injected with chemotherapy every three weeks for the last four months, I am looking forward to staying in one place. It's been a strange experience. I haven't had too many bad side effects but I definitely have not had it easy. I have lost weight - although I eat as much as I always have, I have had diarrhea - really really nasty stinky wet poopies all over, I have been lethargic, and I have not had a bath in a longggggggg time for fear of being exposed to a sick dog and in turn, getting sick. Oh yeah, and it is taking FOREVER for my hair to grow back. And I have an enormous scar from the surgery. But here's the best part - I HAVE THREE LEGS NOW. Alas, being the most bestest dog EVER, I have adapted like the trooper I am.


Once the chemo is over, I guess we will have to wait and see how I do. It's scary. It seems that the median survival rate with amputation and chemotherapy is 18 months. As you know, I have done both. Also, the cancer was caught early, thanks to my mom who SHOULD HAVE BEEN A VET NOT AN ATTORNEY. Ahem. Sorry about the dogburst - get it, outburst? So clever. In my case, a dogburst would be the foul watery diarrhea that flew out my butt two weeks ago but that's besides the point.


New term: dogburst: explosive watery, foul, nasty diarrhea from a giant breed dog that seems to cover an excessive amount of area for no apparent reason.


Enough said. I'm doing well and I'm happy. That's good for everyone

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Dogburst! Ohhhh! Ewwww! Hang in there baby, your people are counting on you.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home